Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dad's Birthday and Then Some...

We were able to celebrate Dad's Birthday this month... It was SUCH a great time.  We had family come down from Canada to celebrate as we ate meal upon meal together in typical Kadrie/Kangles fashion.  Elianne had a great weekend with the family and enjoyed their visit as well.  Dad turned 60 on October 12!  He looks amazing... I am sure I am totally embarrassing him by writing this, but TOO BAD!  It was a lovely time with family and friends with lots of memories to be made.  The best present though was the news Dad received the day before his Birthday.  He had taken some radiation in the past few weeks and we got the results.... The cancer shrunk significantly!  This was a HUGE prayer answered... YAY!  Now, we just need to keep praying for it to stay away.... Dad will probably be starting more Chemo soon, and it will probably be a different type of chemo then before, so we are hoping his body tolerates it well, and the cancer doesn't!  Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers coming our way- please keep it up! 

Now onto other news...
Elianne has been taking her first baby foods over the past few weeks... It is so funny.  She loves to eat baby foods, but she makes the funniest faces with the first few bites, like she is surprised at what she eats.  It's hysterical.  I will post some pictures when I can.  She also had her first haircut yesterday, which was fun also.  She has more hair than any 6 month old I have ever seen.  Her hairdresser, who is a friend of ours, Voula- said she is the youngest client she has!  It was so fun.  I keep reminding myself it will grow back, but my poor child could hardly see some days.  Her hair was always in her eyes!  She is growing up so fast... She can almost crawl, but she had certainly figured out how to get around without the formality of actually crawling.  We can hardly keep up and know we have a speed demon on our hands as soon as she actually realizes how much faster she can go by keeping her legs and arms under her at the same time.  She sits up unassisted now without any issue.  She sits in a high chair like a big girl.  She even is working on picking up little pieces of banana that I sneak to her every once in a while.  She's great at recognizing people and voices, and it makes my day when I come home and she's all giddy to see me.  I know that won't last forever, so I am trying to enjoy it now. 

Past news...
We had a blast seeing family in Toledo, OH, and the Kangles portion of the family went up for a family reunion of sorts.  Elianne and I were able to go as well, but we had to leave Jason behind.  This was Elianne's first time on a plane as well as her first time seeing lots of wonderful family, and we had such a blast.  I will certainly post some pics from this momentous event in our lives.  Elianne unfortunately came back with a bit of a virus and ended up on breathing treatments for some wheezing.  We are all praying she doesn't follow in my asthmatic footsteps, so if anyone has space on their prayer list, please add the healing of sweet Elianne's lungs :-)  Thank you all.  I'll post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment